My ultimate goal is to capture the true essence of a child’s personality with my lens. I never force a smile and encourage natural and even serious expressions. No awkward poses or faces, just your authentic child, on that day. The results are genuine and timeless portraits that are far from the traditional school photos we have become accustomed to with bright flashes and unflattering, elaborate backgrounds.
I provide a custom, boutique experience to all families who have provided me with the privilege to photograph their children. I minimally interrupt classroom schedules and I only need a few minutes with each student. The results? You and your family will enjoy these portraits forever.
Why Unscripted School Sessions?
Every parent deserves the opportunity to have stunning artwork of their children. Unscripted School Sessions by Jessica Leigh is just that, professional quality artwork that families will be proud to display in their home. My goal is to make images that reflect each child's unique personality.
The best pictures are those that elicit genuine expressions and emotion. I create such pictures by using a simple and elegant background and lighting. Each family is presented with an online gallery of digital photographs to choose for purchase.
WHAT IS BOUTIQUE SCHOOL PHOTOGRAPHY?
My service is personal and professional. Unlike large, corporate photography operations, I only take on a few, select schools so that I can provide superior customer service and artistic imagery. I offer parents a more custom, candid, and boutique option for school portraits than your average school portrait provider. My work is a technically sound photograph that accentuates each child’s individual personality.
My interaction with students is light and fun! I take pride in cultivating an environment where your kiddos can relax and be themselves, naturally. No “cheese!” I thrive on authenticity and natural expressiveness. My fine art school portraits allows families to mark the fleeting school years and memories.
WHAT SERVICES DO YOU OFFER?
I am a completely online operation. Families are linked to password-protected online ordering galleries. Galleries are set up according to grade, homeroom, advisory, or whatever grouping which makes sense for each school. Each child will be provided 20 images, in both color and black and white. The family may choose the photos they want to be printed, as opposed to having a pose selected for them. In addition, I provide boutique product choices such as canvas gallery wraps and digital images for future printing and archiving. A detailed PDF describing all ordering procedures and shooting day preparation will be provided to the school for email distribution to families prior to photo day.
Prints and products (including digitals) are ordered through your child's gallery and will be delivered directly to the school.
I provide all equipment and personnel needed for photo day.
The school will be given all high-resolution digital files to use for yearbooks, websites, school advertising, school ID's, or however the school wishes to use the images.
I take staff photos and provide a complimentary print for each staff member as well.
DO YOU HAVE A CONTRACT?
I do have a simple contract which outlines the basic service I provide to families and the school. The contract covers basic topics such as safety, liability, logistics, payments, and scheduling.
HOW MANY STUDENTS CAN YOU ACCOMMODATE?
I have provided boutique school portraits to schools as small as 60 and I am ready to work with schools with as many as 1000 children. I have worked with kiddos ages three months to eighteen years-old in my boutique school photography arena. Due to request, I have recently expanded The Unscripted School Sessions to included after school care and enrichment programs, as well as Mommy and Me groups.
ARE YOUR PRINTS AND PRODUCTS EXPENSIVE?
There is nothing due up front outside of a $20 retainer that will be given back to parents in the form of a certificate to be used towards orders. All profits are earned from client orders. My print and product rates are competitive. I offer a variety of collections and a-la-carte products to fit everyone's needs. I also donate 10% of my net profits to the schools that I photograph!
- NO PRE-PAID PACKAGES!
- A $20, non-refundable retainer fee to secure your spot for your child's school portraits is required. This fee is applied towards your purchase.
- On portrait day, please avoid dressing your child in graphics, strong patterned, or neon clothing. Solid colors are best, and all shots are shoulder up.
- Within two weeks of your child’s photo day, you will be e-mailed the link to a secure proofing gallery. Within your gallery there will be be 10 images of each child.
- Images will be in both color and black and white.
- I do not choose which photos you print; you do. You will be able to order prints, canvas wraps, and digital files directly from the viewing gallery.
- The ordering process is simple and secure. Your gallery will be live for ten days.
- ALL ORDERS MUST BE PLACED IN THAT TEN DAY PERIOD. Once orders have been placed, your photos and/ or canvas wraps will be delivered to your child's school within four weeks.
A La Carte Pricing
Collection A - $20 (2) 5x7, (8) wallets
Collection B - $35 (1) 11x14, (8) wallets
Collection C - $35 (1) 8x10, (2) 5x7, (8) wallets
8 wallets | $12
1 - 5x7 | $10
1 - 8x10 | $18
1 - 11x14 | $25
10"x10" | $78
11"x14" | $95
16"x20" | $135
One image | $20
Full Gallery | $120
1 image | $10
Full Gallery Retouching | $80
*Collections A. B, and C are for ONE image and may not be combined with other images in your child's gallery.*
**This year all print and product purchases come with a complimentary 4x7 class photo!**
Want to know a bit more about me?
- I love running, yoga, belly laughs, and breakfast for dinner.
- I dream of a homestead lifestyle, New York City holds my heart.
- I am a daredevil (my daughter has inherited this from me).
- I have been married to my husband for ten years, and we have a beautiful daughter, Emilia, who is three years old.
- I think traveling and experiencing different cultures, environments, and people is another education in itself.
- I make it a priority to learn something every day.
- I believe in creating a strong Tribe of Parenthood. Parent shaming be gone!
- I love teaching parents how to take better pictures of their kids.